Friday, October 12, 2012

Sleepovers

Tonight A is sleeping over with her Poppy and Nana. I am sure that the toddler bed that sits by the foot of their king-sized bed is left untouched. If I know my girl - & my father - I know that she weaseled her way into their bed. I also know that sometime during the night, A will wake my father up and he will stay up and play with her all night. This happens frequently. I don't fight it anymore. A is currently at the stage where she doesn't even nap during the days most of the time, instead she just quietly plays in her room - thinking that she has me fooled. Of course I'm not, but as long as I have a couple of hours to myself during her "nap time", I'm not going to go and force her to nap. With my child, forcing her to do anything is impossible

While she is over with my parents, Sidney is spending the night with me. If she has a good week in school, I like stealing her on Friday nights. Her new obsession is Uno. She started playing it in school with her teacher and classmates. She is a little Uno-expert! Last week, I had to take her to the store to buy a new set of Uno cards to keep at my place, that way she has a set with me, and one at home. I am still finding myself amazed whenever I watch that pretty little head do such smart things. 

While A is sure to be hogging up my parents' bed, Sidney is hogging up mine. This is typical whenever she spends the night. When Sidney spends the night, I don't get any sleep because she feels the need to roll, kick, and plop everywhere - all night long. When Jamie spends the night, I don't get any sleep because he feels the need to stay up talking to me all night. Last Saturday when he spent the night, by 12:15pm, I had to threaten to make him sleep on my couch if he didn't close his eyes and be quiet. 

This is why I love my siblings. They always keep my on my toes.

Tomorrow morning, both Sidney and Jamie begin dance class! I am so excited for them! I absolutely loved being in dance when I was younger! Sidney is so excited, too! I cannot wait to take her over to meet up with my mom, Jamie and A tomorrow at the studio and watch S and J dance with their new dance-mates. I have wanted Sidney to be apart of dance for so long now, and I am finally getting my wish! I just know that she is going to be absolutely amazing at it! The girl spends 80% of the day dancing to her own music. 

Well, this is it for my first post. Enjoy this picture of Sidney on my side of the bed (of course) Have a great night everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment